The Trustees are pleased to report a second grant award to Musical Connections.
Musical Connections empowers people to lead happier, healthier lives through participating in music
Musical Connections was first conceived in 2008, and became a registered charity in 2016. They offer a musical programme which challenges age-related stereotypes, and does not make assumptions about the types of music and activities that participants will enjoy and be able to access. Activities within the city of York include:
- Weekly music groups open to members of the public, based in City of York Council sheltered housing schemes.
- Two weekly community choirs
- Two weekly music groups in York Medical Group surgeries
- Weekly music groups in residential homes
- A large and very popular programme of intergenerational projects and events in partnership with local schools